HABITAT FOR HUMANITY NEEDS YOU !
Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity seeks to provide families in our community with decent and affordable homes. This process is only possible through the contribution of habitat volunteers. If you volunteer with Habitat you are guaranteed a life changing experience that allows you to make a difference, create new friends, learn new skills, and see your hard work come to fruition.
As a volunteer with Habitat you will be able to think globally but act locally!
Save money on a retreat for your business or family. Plan a Habitat work day instead! We welcome individuals, businesses, church groups, college groups, and high school students. You must be 16 years of age to volunteer on the job site.
In order to accurately educate our partners, donors, and volunteers about Habitat, we offer a special "Habitat 101" seminar. During the presentation, we give an overview of our organization and all answer questions. Everyone is welcomed to attend, there is no cost, and best of all... we come to your company, church, or group function!
Call 615.890.5877 to schedule.
Ways You Can Help
No experience is necessary! We will provide the tools if you will provide the heart.
- Roof Decking
- Installing Door/Windows
- Trim Work
- Yard Work
- Clean Up
If you are under the age of 16 but would still like to volunteer with Habitat, we have other opportunities available.
If you are between the ages of 5 and 25, click here to learn more about Habitat, play interactive games, and discover ways that you can make a difference.
If you are a college or a youth group and would like to become a part of Collegiate Challenge, click here to find out how you can sign up today.
Construction might not be for you but there are other ways you can be involved with the Habitat mission.
You might have a talent that would benefit one of our committees or help pull off one of our special events. If this sounds like something you would be more comfortable with, we need your help too.
Some of our committees include:
- Church Relations
- Family Services & Support
- Special Events
Please call our office today to inquire about one of these committees.
Also, be sure to check out our event calendar to see what we have planned.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Megan at 615.890.5877 x 106, or via e-mail at email@example.com!
Become a fan on Facebook!
If you would like to purchase a Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Shirt, please stop by our office. They are $10.00 and come in M, L, XL, and 2XL.
Women Build is Habitat's volunteer program for women who want to learn construction skills and make a difference by building homes and communities.
Women Build projects are regularly held by Habitat affiliates across the United States, and by Habitat organizations around the world. Women at these builds have furthered Habitat's home-building mission by helping to construct more than 1,500 houses.
We have great plans for this build, so don't miss out on the opportunity to be a part of this exciting build!
Click here to donate.
Contact Terri for information about sponsorships, Lowe's clinics,and many other ways you can join contribute to this special project.
If you want to help support our Women Build, you can purchase our t-shirt for $12.00 with our motto, "I'd rather build it than clean it!" To purchase a shirt, please contact Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Know?
View John Jones Real Estate's
Tuesday Morning Coffee
Interview of RCHFH's Director
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 113 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2011.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
MTSU's 8th Annual See Spot Run for Habitat 5K
Saturday, May 18, 2013
5th Annual Hammer Down for Habitat
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
6th Annual Cookin' To Build
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013