Go To PARTNER FAMILIES
Applications for Home Ownership are available until Thursday April 30, 2015!
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM:
- Live in substandard housing & have a need for shelter.
- Have fair or acceptable credit (No unpaid collections or judgments)
- Bankruptcy must be dismissed for at least 1 year
- Have the ability to pay a monthly mortgage & have steady income for 1 year.
- Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a $1000.00 down payment.
- Be willing to perform 300-400 hours of “sweat equity" by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Maintain and/or decrease “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
- Meet the 2015 Income guidelines Unfortunately, the Home Ownership Program is not emergency housing. It can take anywhere from 9-18 months to complete the program to purchase and move into your new home. To apply, click here to download & print an Application packet
- PHASES OF THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAMPhase 1 - Apply
- Meet the Requirements
- Return Application
- Credit Review
- Submit Requested Documentation
- Employment & Rental Verification
- Sex Offender & Criminal Verification
- Home Visit (if selected)
- Family Selection Review
- Board of Directors Review
- Work Sweat Equity
- Home Buyer Education & Budget Class
- Start Down Payments
- Lot Selection
- House Plan Selection
- Home Selections
- Purchase Agreement
- Begin Build Date
- Homeowners Insurance
- Home Dedication
- Closing Purchase
- Move In!
Home Buyer Education
Partner Families are required to complete 30 weeks of Home Buyer Education - great information and resources to prepare them to buy their homes, improve their credit, make good consumer choices and keep up with home maintenance. This program is also FREE to the general public! The Home Buyer Education Class is held every Monday, 6:00-7:00 pm at the Habitat office beginning April 6, 2015.
If you have questions about the Home Ownership Program, please contact the Family Services Coordinator, Angie Ezell.
|Our next Habitat Build - scheduled for February 2015!|
|Justin Jordan with daughter Madison|
Current Home Builds!!
|The 2014 Nissan Build is under way and will be finished soon! Thank you to all the Nissan volunteers as well as others including Yates Services, Johnson Controls and MacLellan Integrated Services.|
The 2014 House of Faith Build is complete.
Congratulations to the Mosley Family!
We replace these eye sores...
...with beautiful Habitat Homes
Did You Know?
sign in with your Kroger Plus Card # (or sign up for the card). Add our organization number: 66757 - or Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity and whenever you shop, we'll get a % donation (it all adds up!) Thank you... and shop often!Shop at Amazon's Amazon Smile and select Habitat for Humanity of Rutherford County (TN) and they'll donate .5% back to us! It's easy and all adds up!
The House That Jack Built