Homeownership Requirements to Qualify:
Have fair or acceptable credit (No unpaid collections)
Ability to pay a monthly mortgage payment & has had steady income for 1 year
Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years
Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months
Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level
Show willingness to partner with Habitat
Be able to pay a $1000.00 down payment
Willing to perform 300-400 hours of “sweat equity" building Habitat homes, including yours.
Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class. Mar. 31- Oct. 27, 2014.
Maintain and/or decrease your “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
Meet the income guidelines per family size. View the 2014 Income Guidelines
To apply for the Habitat Homeownership Program download and print here
The Home Buyer Education Class is held every Monday, 6-7pm at the Habitat office.
If you have questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section on the application. For any additional questions, please enter your contact information, your questions & submit to the Family Services Coordinator, Angie Ezell.
We are proud of our homeowners and their accomplishments!
Meet Ms. Frances
In 2011, Ms. Frances wanted to purchase a trailer to put on her land, but it was going to be far too expensive. Just as she feared her dream of homeownership was gone, she received a special phone call. The gentleman who came out to survey her property suggested that she look into the Habitat Program. His phone call was just what Ms. Frances needed to have hope again.
Ms. Frances decided to apply but was denied the first time because she had not been on her job long enough. Once the time commitment had been met, she decided to reapply. This time around she was told she needed to work on her finances and that she must complete the Homeowner Education Classes. After completing the classes twice and doing exactly what had been asked of her, Ms. Frances received word in the summer of 2013 that she had at last been accepted into the Habitat Program. She became a partner family, a future homeowner.
Ms. Frances has a wonderful spirit about her. She has thoroughly enjoyed the education classes, likes working on the site, and loves the Habitat mission. Since becoming a Habitat Partner Family, Ms. Frances has started her own charity; People Who Care. She is always smiling and is very excited about being a homeowner. “It is time for me to sit back and be still,” Ms. Frances said with ease. “This will be the first time in my life that I will be truly settled.” Frances would like to thank all of the individuals who have been a part of this process and all of the kind-hearted people who will be building her home. “I so appreciate every single one of them,” she said with a smile.
A couple of our many beautiful homes.
Did You Know?
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 119 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2013.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
our offSAVE THE DATE!
We have several exciting events this year.
Please mark your calendars and SAVE THE DATE!
2014 WOMEN BUILD
Lowe's Women Build Clinic - April 5th
For more information on Women Build, click on the volunteer tab!
2014 HOUSE OF FAITH
Sing! Shout! Raise The Roof! - June 7th
Hammer Down For Habitat - September 20th
Cookin' To Build - November 1st
For more information about you can participate or donate to any of these events, please call our office at 890-5877.