Go To PARTNER FAMILIES
The Home Ownership Program is currently closed.
HUD’s 2015 program Income Guidelines Limits are not yet available. HUD anticipates that the 2015 Income Limits will be published in February, 2015.
Due to this change, Applications for the RCHFH Home Ownership program will not be available until March 2, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM:
- Live in substandard housing & have a need for shelter.
- Have fair or acceptable credit (No unpaid collections or judgments)
- Bankruptcy must be dismissed for at least 1 year
- Have the ability to pay a monthly mortgage & have steady income for 1 year.
- Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a $1000.00 down payment.
- Be willing to perform 300-400 hours of “sweat equity" by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Maintain and/or decrease “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
- Meet the 2015 income guidelines - income guidelines will be available in March
- The Home Ownership Program is not emergency housing. It can take anywhere from 9-18 months to complete the program to purchase and move into your new home.
PHASES OF THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM
Phase 1 - Apply
- Meet the Requirements
- Return Application
- Credit Review
Phase 2 - Documentation
- Submit Requested Documentation
Phase 3 - Verification
- Employment & Rental Verification
- Sex Offender & Criminal Verification
- Home Visit (if selected)
- Family Selection Review
- Board of Directors Review
Phase 4 - New Partner Family
- Work Sweat Equity
- Home Buyer Education & Budget Class
- Start Down Payments
Phase 5 - Home Selection
- Lot Selection
- House Plan Selection
- Home Selections
- Purchase Agreement
- Begin Build Date
Phase 6 - H.O.M.E Purchase
- Homeowners Insurance
- Home Dedication
- Closing Purchase
- Move In!
For questions regarding the Home Ownership Program contact Angie Ezell.
|Our next Habitat Build - scheduled for February 2015!|
Justin Jordan with daughter Madison
This build kicks off the 2015 Building Rutherford 2 campaign to build 16 new Habitat houses in 2015-16 in Rutherford county!
Current Home Builds!!
The 2014 Nissan Build is under way and will be finished soon! Thank you to all the Nissan volunteers as well as others including Yates Services, Johnson Controls and MacLellan Integrated Services.
Partner families are required to complete 30 weeks of Home Buyer Education - great information and resources to prepare them to buy their homes, improve their credit, make good consumer choices and keep up with home maintenance. This program is also FREE to the general public! The Home Buyer Education Class is held once a week. Every Monday, 6:00-7:00 pm at the Habitat office beginning April 6, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact the Family Services Coordinator, Angie Ezell.
...with beautiful Habitat Homes
Did You Know?
Shop at Kroger? Please add us so we get Kroger Community Rewards $$!
Simply go to
sign in with your Kroger Plus Card # (or sign up for the card). Add our organization number: 66757 - or Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity and whenever you shop, we'll get a % donation (it all adds up!) Thank you... and shop often!
Shop at Amazon's Amazon Smile and select Habitat for Humanity of Rutherford County (TN) and they'll donate .5% back to us! It's easy and all adds up!
Make an online donation to The House That Jack Built
Credit card donations accepted through a secure site.
The House That Jack Built
Will you be one of 3,000 members of the local community to give $20.00 each in honor of Jack?
Recognizing the generosity of our community and valuing the impact of each individual gift, we know that together we can!