Go To PARTNER FAMILIES
The Home Ownership Program is currently closed.
Applications will be available February 3, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM:
- Live in substandard housing & have a need for shelter.
- Have fair or acceptable credit (No unpaid collections or judgments)
- Have the ability to pay a monthly mortgage & have steady income for 1 year.
- Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a $1000.00 closing cost.
- Be willing to perform 300-400 hours of “sweat equity" by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Maintain and/or decrease “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
- Meet the 2015 income guidelines - income guidelines will be available 1/2/2015.
PHASES OF THE HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM
Phase 1 - Apply
- Meet the Requirements
- Return Application
- Credit Review
Phase 2 - Documentation
- Submit Requested Documentation
Phase 3 - Verification
- Employment & Rental Verification
- Sex Offender & Criminal Verification
- Home Visit (if selected)
- Family Selection Review
- Board of Directors Review
Phase 4 - New Partner Family
- Work Sweat Equity
- Home Buyer Education & Budget Class
- Start Down Payments
Phase 5 - Home Selection
- Lot Selection
- House Plan Selection
- Home Selections
- Purchase Agreement
- Begin Build Date
Phase 6 - H.O.M.E Purchase
- Homeowners Insurance
- Home Dedication
- Closing Purchase
- Move In!
For questions regarding the Home Ownership Program contact Angie Ezell.
Current Home Builds!!
House #123 is Under Way! Click for more...
|Sa'Mia and build crew||
2014 House of Faith Build
For more about our House of Faith Build, click here
Congratulations Homebuyer education class graduates!!
Partner families are required to complete 30 weeks of Home Buyer Education - great information and resources to prepare them to buy their homes, improve their credit, make good consumer choices and keep up with home maintenance. This program is also FREE to the general public! The Home Buyer Education Class is held every Monday, 6-7pm at the Habitat office beginning March 3, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact the Family Services Coordinator, Angie Ezell.
...with beautiful Habitat Homes
Did You Know?
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 122 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2013.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
We are thrilled to be a part of #GivingTuesday this year!
Tuesday, Dec. 2nd, 2014
There's Black Friday... And Cyber Monday...
But #Giving Tuesday is a special day to remind us that giving means much more than material gifts!
Your gift can really make a difference!
$20 = 1 Box of Nails
$50 = 1 Kitchen Sink
$75 = 1 Low-flow Toilet
$100 = 1 Window
$200 = 1 Front Door
Donate to Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity and help us also qualify for special bonus prizes!
Four $1,000 Power Hour Golden Tickets awarded to the nonprofit organization that receives the most number of donors at the end of these hours:
- Early Bird: 7:00am - 8:00am
- Afternoon Delight: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Dinner Dash- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Last Call: 11:00pm - 11:59pm