Pre-screen applications will only be accepted the 1st month of every quarter:
Your next opportunity to apply will be April 1 - 30, 2013.
To qualify, applicants are required to:
- Live in substandard housing & have a need for shelter.
- Have fair or acceptable credit (no unpaid collections).
- Have the ability to pay to monthly mortgage payment & have steady income for 1 year.
- Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a $750.00 down payment.
- Be willing to perform 200-400 hours of "sweat equity" by helping build Habitat homes, including their own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Maintain and/or decrease their “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
- Meet the income guidelines.
2013 Income Guidelines:
|Family Size||Gross Yearly Income||Family Size||Gross Yearly Income|
If you would like to apply for a Habitat home click here to download a Prescreen Application.
To view frequently asked questions click here.
If you would like to learn more about the Homeownership process or need more information please enter your name and e-mail address below or call 615.890.5877 ext. 103.
Partner Pages Monthly Newsletters
Here at RCHFH we are proud of our homeowners and their accomplishments!
Please read about our most recent homeowners, where they have been in their lives, and where they are headed.
Meet The Cobb Family
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
From the moment they were accepted into the program, Johnny and Sarah began working hard to meet all of the requirements. “We both understood that to become Habitat Homeowners there was a process,” Johnny said about their patience. “We were simply waiting on God’s timing.” Because of the encouragement and support from their families, they were able to follow their dream.
Now that their time is quickly approaching, Johnny and Sarah are overcome with excitement and anticipation of the blessings yet to come. They consider their future home a generational blessing, a haven for peace and hospitality, and a landmark for their family. Very soon Sarah and Johnny will welcome their third child; a boy named Josiah. He, along with his older sister and brother, will grow up in a home full of love, faith, and basketball.
Johnny, Sarah, and their children would like to thank every person who has been a part of their Habitat journey thus far and those that are yet to come. “We are very grateful for their time, talent, and treasure,” Johnny commented. “We pray that all those involved will be equally blessed as we have.” Currently Johnny is still working at MTMC as well as continuing his education. His ultimate dream is to coach and minister to youth.
Did You Know?
View John Jones Real Estate's
Tuesday Morning Coffee
Interview of RCHFH's Director
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 113 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2011.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
MTSU's 8th Annual See Spot Run for Habitat 5K
Saturday, May 18, 2013
5th Annual Hammer Down for Habitat
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
6th Annual Cookin' To Build
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013