Currently, we are not accepting applications for Home Ownership. We will begin accepting applications April 1, 2014.
Requirements to qualify:
Have fair or acceptable credit (No unpaid collections)
Ability to pay a monthly mortgage payment & has had steady income for 1 year
Be a 1st-time home buyer or non-homeowner for 3 or more years
Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months
Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level
Show willingness to partner with Habitat
Be able to pay a $750.00 down payment
Willing to perform 300-400 hours of “sweat equity" building Habitat homes, including yours.
Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class. Starting 3/31/14 @ 6pm @ the Habitat office.
Maintain and/or decrease your “debt to income” ratio while in the Habitat program.
Meet the income guidelines per family size
Click here to view the 2014 Income Guidelines
For more information about our Home Ownership Program Click Here
If you are interested in applying for Home Ownership in April 2014 and you would like a head start on learning how to qualify, we offer a FREE Home Buyer Education Class. The class will begin in March 31,2014 at 6:00 pm at the Habitat office.
If you would like to RSVP for the Home Buyer Education Class or have questions, please enter your contact information, your questions and submit to the Family Services Coordinator.
We are proud of our homeowners and their accomplishments!
Meet The McFadden Family
One day Jo Ann heard a gentleman on the radio talking about the Habitat Program. That particular gentleman was from another county, but she did her research and found the contact info for the Rutherford County affiliate. After speaking to the Family Services Coordinator, she decided to apply for the Habitat Program. Her prayers were answered when she received the call that she was accepted. The children are all very excited about a new beginning, a new start, and a quiet place to call home. Jo Ann is truly proud of herself and how far she has come. She has been strong minded and determined to bring stability to her family. She has really enjoyed meeting the other partner families whose stories might be slightly different but who are all working towards the same goal; homeownership.
Jo Ann and her family would like to thank the MTSU Student Life & Building Rutherford Partners for making this possible. “I am really excited to have them on board and for the younger people to help with this dream,” Jo Ann said with a smile. Next Spring you will find them surrounded by family as they host a get together to celebrate her homeownership!
A couple of our many beautiful homes.
Did You Know?
View John Jones Real Estate's
Tuesday Morning Coffee
Interview of RCHFH's Director
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 119 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2011.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
SAVE THE DATE!
We have several exciting events this year.
Please mark your calendars and SAVE THE DATE!
2014 WOMEN BUILD
Painting With A Purpose - March 9th
Lowe's Women Build Clinic - April 5th
For more information on Women Build, click on the volunteer tab!
2014 HOUSE OF FAITH
Sing! Shout! Raise The Roof! - June 7th
Hammer Down For Habitat - September 20th
Cookin' To Build - November 1st