How to Donate
RCHFH cannot build simple, decent, affordable homes without the financial support of individuals, businesses, churches, organizations and foundations in Rutherford County.
How Can You Help?
Make a donation by mail
Click here to download our donation pledge form.
Make an online donation to Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity
Credit card donations accepted through a secure site.
Your car donation can help a family in your community build a house, and the hope of a better life!
To see how easy it is to donate to Cars for Homes, check out short video.
Click here To donate
Click below to review our current financial profile.
Habitat's Tithe Program: WE GIVE BACK!
The word "tithe" comes from the tradition in which people of certain faiths would donate ten percent of their income to their religious institution. Through Habitat's tithe program, Habitat partners are encouraged to donate a tenth of what they raise in support of house building in another country, encouraging all programs to participate in the international effort to eliminate global poverty by sending a portion of what is raised in their home country elsewhere.
In times of financial crisis, the tithe program holds us together in firm, mutual, and often long-term support. It doesn't take much to have a measurable impact. For instance:
|$5||Buys a bag of cement in Vietnam|
|$20||Pays for a toilet in Egypt|
|$50||Provides drinkable water to a village family in Tajikistan|
|$100||Funds the electricity for a home in Guatemala|
|$300||Funds all the walls in a home in Ghana|
|$400||Pays for a tin roof in Haiti|
|$800||Paints 16 homes in the Philippines|
Rutherford County Area Habitat for Humanity donates a portion of unrestricted funds as a tithe to help other Habitat affiliates across the world. Over the past year, we have divided our tithe between three countries:
|Thailand||Funds assisted in ongoing tsunami recovery.|
|Madagascar||Over 90% of urban residents in this country live in slum communities. Prone to flooding and cyclones, slums often become cesspools of stagnant water, sewage & malaria-carrying mosquitoes. HFH Madagascar enlarges pathways and installs drainage systems, constructs public toilets, laundry and water points as well as building homes.|
|Cameroon||This country is experiencing rapid population growth and urbanization. People migrate here in hope of finding employment, but find very high property prices and overcrowded rental units (2-6 people per room). In desperation, many resort to using recycled waste materials to build makeshift shelters. Nearly 4 out of every 10 live on less than $1 per day. Through community based partnerships, HFH Cameroon secures land and provides affordable housing options.|
|Uganda||In 2012, we will be sending a portion of our tithe to this country. Conflict in this region has resulted in instability and displaced people, alongside the effects of HIV/AIDS, malaria and poor health care. This has resulted in the orphaning of around 45% of Ugandan children. Extreme poverty is another problem. 38% of the population lives in grass thatched huts. HFH Uganda helps secure land and build homes. They also include training in health and other relevant life skills for the families.|
Thank you to our generous supporters
National In-Kind Donors
Billy Whitefield - Appraisals
Ken's One-Stop Exterminating
Signs by Scott
Pinnacle Building Services
Ron Russell Drywall Services
Did You Know?
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 122 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2013.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
SAVE THE DATE!
We have several exciting events this year.
2014 HOUSE OF FAITH For more information click the Homewowners tab
Bowl Painting for the 2014 Cookin’ To Build runs August 1st through October 31st.
For more information about how you can participate or donate to any of these events, please call our office at 890-5877.