Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity Staff
Beth Smith, Executive Director
"Working for Habitat has been the answer to my prayers. My job allows me to work with wonderful families who are now an extension of my real family. Being able to play a small part in helping a family realize their dreams is such a blessing. Working with a staff that is so passionate about our mission just makes it that much more rewarding!"
Wayne Moore, Project Director
"Since I first heard of the Habitat for Humanity concept I have been fascinated, impressed and drawn to it. Not only is what HFH strives to achieve (home ownership) so important but how HFH goes about doing it makes for one of the most incredible organizations that I know of. It also provides me the privilege to work with some of the most amazing, loving and gracious people I have met. It is a blessing and privilege to work here and I am thankful."
Terri Shultz, Director of Programs
"l love that fact that I work with a wonderful organization and extraordinary people who are so committed to bettering the lives of those in need."
Roy Saylor, Construction Manager
"I have great respect for the people that make up Habitat for Humanity, and for the members of the community that help Habitat with that mission. It is very refreshing to see people whose objectives are not for personal gain, but focused on how to give others a hand up. Watching a family working in the building of their own home, seeing the community assist with financial aid and volunteer help, and seeing the families receive the keys for their new home, are all wonderful and rewarding feelings."
Shari Goodall, ReStore Manager
"I wanted to leave corporate America and do something that makes a difference. And Habitat does just that. I love knowing that the work I do is going to a have a direct, positive impact on a family's life."
Megan Hutchings, Volunteer Coordinator
"I love working for a family friendly organization that is truly about building lives, building hope, and building dreams. It is a blessing knowing that our work changes the lives of all those involved."
Lamyai Savely, Executive Assistant/Accounting
"I am more than glad to be employed by Habitat for Humanity. I feel that I can be employed and still be able to help my community and others in their daily endeavors. I thank God for allowing me to have the skills to be able to help such a ministry that spreads the gospel and helps the needy to have the best adequate shelter and bring people together in Christian love."
"I like working at Habitat because it gives me a chance to become more involved with my community. I am more knowledgeable about what is happening in Rutherford County and where and how I can help. I love the work that Habitat is doing in our community, I honor their initiative, determination and loving kindness towards people!"
Terry Dove, Construction Site Supervisor
"I feel strongly that working for Habitat is an exercise in 'pure religion' and 'true spiritual worship'."
Jacob, Construction Crew Member
"It's just the right thing to do. I like helping people that otherwise wouldn't be able to be helped"
2013 Board of Directors
Dan Johnson, President
Norman Brown, Vice President
Steve Fuchcar, Treasurer
Robbie Snapp, Secretary
Did You Know?
View John Jones Real Estate's
Tuesday Morning Coffee
Interview of RCHFH's Director
- We are a licensed contractor.
- We have built over 113 homes in RC since 1989.
- RCHFH home owners pay over $80,000 in city & county property taxes annually.
- RCHFH & Murfreesboro Community Development was one of seven Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Awards from the National Community Development Association for our innovative partnership to build our 100th home.
- Ranked 4th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2011.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Habitat homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
- There are 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Today, we have helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
- Builder magazine ranked Habitat for Humanity International the 6th largest builder in their top 100 Builders in 2010.
MTSU's 8th Annual See Spot Run for Habitat 5K
Saturday, May 18, 2013
5th Annual Hammer Down for Habitat
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
6th Annual Cookin' To Build
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013